We are delighted that you are interested in entering your products into the DIY Week Awards 2018.
The link below will take you through to the entry form. This year we will only be accepting online entries and the form that follows will help us to compile your entry to present to our judging panel of industry buyers and retailers. The judges will be presented with a single A4 sheet of information about your product so we ask that you keep within the word count guidelines (where word counts are exceeded we may have to cut the text back).
The judges feel that it’s very important to have an idea of the trade price and the retail price. They are not asking you to give away any trade secrets and understand that you are not allowed to set retail prices but, having a ball-park figure, enables them to assess the quality of the product and the opportunity it presents for a retailer against its cost. We urge you to include this information to give your product the very best opportunity to make the shortlist.
Please note, your product sample no longer needs to be sent at the same time as your entry form. This year judging will take place off site, so products will be kept safe in storage until judging day. More information will follow upon receipt of your entry form.
If you would like to discuss the entry process or would benefit from an explanation of why we have made these changes and what happens on judging day then please do not hesitate to contact me on 07970 860377 or email me at email@example.com
If you’re ready to enter CLICK HERE
Best of luck,
Publication & Event Manager
The entry process:
1. Complete the online entry form, attaching 2 images and a company or brand logo
2. Within 48 hours you will receive an email acknowledgement to notify you that we have received your entry. This will be followed by a second email with details of where and when to send your product sample, the second email will be sent at the beginning of February 2018
3. Send your product sample(s) by post or courier in time for the judging day. The judges will be unable to consider your entry if you do not supply a product sample (unless agreed otherwise)
4. Completed forms need to be received by Wednesday, January 31
5. Products need to be received by Monday, February 5 – but don’t worry more information will be sent once we have received your entry form
TIP: As part of the entry process you will be asked the following questions, so it may be handy to pre-prepare a word document in order to copy and paste your responses:
– Your details, including company name, address & contact details
– Product name
– Trade/cost price
– Suggested selling price
– Tell us what’s new about this product (guideline 150 words)
– Why is this product better than any other on the market? (guideline 150 words)
– Why should a retailer stock this product? (guideline 100 words)
– Is this product part of a range? If so please provide details (guideline 100 words)
Additionally, you will also be asked to upload:
– 2 x product images (if your product sample is not being supplied in its packaging, please ensure one of the images supplied depicts its retail packaging)
– 1 x company logo